Forget your diet, break out of your routine and maybe find a new favorite restaurant during the Cottonwood Heights’ inaugural “Bites in the Heights” event. This restaurant tour will be held at participating restaurants in Cottonwood Heights through Wednesday, Aug. 31. and diners are invited to try as many places as they can during that time.
Each restaurant will offer a “Bites in the Heights” special (see below) that will run during the event. Diners can share photos of their meal, the chef, the wait staff or a dining companion with the hashtag #CHFoodie on Twitter/Instagram to win a daily giveaway for gift cards. Visit all restaurants during the event, bring the receipts to Cottonwood Heights City Hall (1265 E Fort Union Blvd. #250) or email them to email@example.com and be entered to win $100 in gift cards. Diners can also vote for their favorite participating restaurant at CHBusiness.org/bites-in-the-heights.
Participating restaurants are:
- Arminen’s Deli (Sinclair Station), 2995 Fort Union Blvd—$5 lunch special: Any half sandwich and 16 oz. drink
- Cancun Café, 1891 Fort Union Blvd–$5 lunch special: Chili verde burrito with rice or beans. $15 dinner special: Two chicken or beef taquitos, carnitas platter, fried ice cream
- Carl’s Café, 2336 Fort Union Blvd–$5 lunch special: Cheeseburger, fries and a drink
- Cottonwood Heights Café, 7146 Highland Dr–$10 lunch special: salmon salad or steak sandwich, French fries
- Dragon Isle, 3414 Bengal Blvd–$10 lunch special: Any two items off the lunch menu
- Johnniebeefs, 6913 S 1300 E–$5 lunch special: Chicago, chili cheese or New York hot dog with French fries
- Market Street Grill, 2985 E Cottonwood Pkwy–$10 lunch special: Halibut tacos w/ coleslaw. $20 dinner special: Choice of soup/salad, stuffed Atlantic salmon, choice of dessert
- The Protein Foundry, 6909 S 1300 E—Dinner special (after 3 p.m. only): 2 Rio Acai Bowls for $16 (In honor of the 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio)
- Toasters Deli, 2750 E Cottonwood Pkwy (In the lobby of the office building)–$10 lunch special: Box lunch (Any sandwich with chips, soda and cookie)
Cottonwood Heights has many unique dining options and the Bites in the Heights dining tour will help foodies discover hidden gems in the city. Restaurant owners and chefs are available for media interviews, video and photos. For more information, visit CHBusiness.org.